Spicy Beef Stew
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
A pot of spicy beef stew -- sure to become a family favorite -- will keep the chill at bay when frigid temperatures settle over the region.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 pounds lean beef (preferably chuck roast)
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 package (1 pound) baby carrots
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) hot and spicy vegetable juice
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Cut beef into 1- to 1-1/2-inch cubes; place in a 4-1/2-quart Dutch oven. Add onions and next seven ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and transfer to oven.
Bake 4 hours at 250 degrees. Do not peek. Do not stir. Garnish if desired. Serve with cornbread.