Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad with Peppers and Tomatoes
Total Time: 45
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 pasilla pepper, very thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalape
Instructions:Set up your grill for direct high heat. Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon oil.
Place chicken on grill, 4 inches from heat source; cook until golden brown on that side, 4—6 minutes.
Turn chicken; continue grilling until done, 4—6 minutes more. Remove from heat.
Using a fork and a chef ’s knife, cut chicken into bite-size pieces while still hot; then toss with bell pepper slices, pasilla-pepper slices, and onions (vegetables will soften a bit). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic, red pepper flakes, red-wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add to chicken/pepper mixture and toss well. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes, up to one day.
To serve, toss chicken/pepper mixture with tomatoes. Garnish with olives and basil leaves.