Spinach and Garlic Soup
Yield: Serves 8-10.
A robust and flavorful winter or summer soup. Serve it with cheese and Italian bread for lunch or supper. --Longwood Inn, Marlboro, Vermont
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup olive oil
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped dry basil
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 potatoes, diced in half-inch cubes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:In heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and basil. Stir 4 to 5 minutes, taking care not to let garlic brown. Add chicken stock, spinach, and potatoes, and boil gently until potatoes are done.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan.