Yield: Serves 8-10.
A good, hearty lasagna made with fresh spinach and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Be sure to drain the spinach thoroughly before using.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (sea) salt, or to taste
- 1 can (35 ounces) peeled Italian tomatoes
- 2 small cans tomato paste
Instructions:Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add other ingredients and simmer for half an hour.
- 4 bags (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, or same amount from your garden
- 6 to 7 lasagna noodles ("I use noodles made from artichoke flour")
- 2 to 4 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 3/4 to 1 pound Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
Instructions:Wash and trim spinach. Steam 1 bag at a time briefly, until wilted. Drain very well, or lasagna will be too juicy. Cook lasagna noodles and drain. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons parsley to each pound of ricotta cheese and mix well.
Assemble layers in a 14x10-inch buttered baking dish in this order:
3 lasagna noodles
1/2 of the spinach
1 pound ricotta cheese
1/3 of the Parmesan cheese
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese slices
1/2 of sauce
Repeat, using an extra noodle if needed. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.