Spinach Pasta Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A colorful summer salad that's full of flavor. Try adapting it to use up whatever is on the pantry shelf -- tomato instead of pimiento, green olives instead of black ones, perhaps a different cheese.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 8 ounces corkscrew spinach pasta
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rinse and drain well.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, artichoke hearts, olives, pimiento, onion, and cheeses. Toss to mix. In a screw-top jar or small mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Shake or whisk to mix well. Pour over the pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.