Spinach Pie (Spanikopita)
- 4 pkgs. frozen chopped spinach.
- 1 lb. Ricotta cheese.
- 1 lb. Feta cheese, crumbled.
1. Allow spinach to stand at room temperature to defrost completely.
2. Squeeze spinach dry and combine with cheeses, onion, eggs, oil, salt, pepper, and dill.
3. Arrange 8 phylla, each brushed with butter, in a greased pan 10 x 15 inches and cover with spinach filling.
4. Cover top with 8 more buttered phylla. Seal edges to retain filling.
5. Brush top with melted butter. Cut through top layers to mark pieces into triangles.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.