Total Time: 30
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (or 2 cups packed chopped fresh spinach, washed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese
- 1 prebaked 9-inch pie shell
Instructions:Heat oven to 375°.
In a medium-size sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and cook onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add ham and spinach. Cook until most liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs with half-and-half, seasonings, and cheese. Add to spinach mixture, blend, and pour into pie shell.
Bake 40 minutes or until set. Cool and serve.