Yield: Serves 6
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 mealy potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh savory
- 5 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Instructions:1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onions and toss to coat. Stir over medium heat until tender. Add the chicken broth, spinach, potatoes, savory, sage, salt, and cayenne. Reduce the heat and cook, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
2. Transfer to the container of a blender or processor and whirl until smooth. Blend in the cream and return to the saucepan. Heat gently to warm through, but do not allow it to boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve hot or refrigerate to serve chilled.