Steak Cantonese is an interesting change -- serve it with dry, fluffy rice.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2-pound round steak cut in 1 x 2" strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 green peppers, washed, seeded, and cut in 2" squares
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved, or 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 No.2 can of pineapple chunks, save the juice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Brown the steak strips in butter in a large skillet. When browned push to one side and brown lightly the green pepper and onion. Add the ginger, salt, pepper, and soy sauce and stir well. Add the tomatoes, pineapple chunks, and juice from the pineapple can. Cover tightly and simmer for 45 minutes.