Sticky Date and Maple Pudding
- 1 cup dates, cut in halves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup
- 1 cup self-rising flour
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a bowl, combine dates, baking soda and boiling water, allow to stand for 15 minutes or until the dates have softened and cooled.
3. Mix butter and sugar together, add egg and 1/4 cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup, beating well.
4. Sift the flour and gently fold in with dates.
5. Pour remaining 1/4 cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup into the base of a 9-inch round cake tin lined with wax paper. Spoon over the cake batter.
6. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Serve cut into wedges with extra syrup on the side.
7. Alternatively, put 2 teaspoons Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup into the base of 6 greased ramekins, divide the batter evenly between them. Place on a baking tray and bake as above for 25-30 minutes.