Stir-Fried Asparagus with Chicken
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Slices of asparagus are stir-fried until crisp-tender and then combined with lightly cooked strips of chicken and toasted sesame seeds.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, peeled, and sliced diagonally
- 1 large chicken breast boned, skinned, and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
Instructions:1. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, then blend in the soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir in the sugar and garlic. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the asparagus and stir-fry over high heat for 30 seconds or until bright green and crisp-tender. Transfer to a large plate.
3. Pour more oil into the pan if necessary, then add the chicken. Stir-fry until firm. Return the asparagus to the pan. Stir-fry briefly to heat through and pour in the soy sauce mixture. Continue stirring over high heat until the sauce bubbles and thickens. Sprinkle on the sesame seed and serve.