Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts
Yield: Serves 4
Stir-fried bean sprouts retain their crisp juiciness. Serve with grilled shrimp or barbecued pork.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 4 green onions, white and green portion, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound mung bean or soybean sprouts, rinsed and picked over
Instructions:1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, and honey. Whisk to blend and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the red bell pepper and onions and toss to coat. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds. Sprinkle on the water and continue to stir over high heat until the pepper is crisp-tender.
3. Add the bean sprouts, stirring continuously. When the bean sprouts are slightly wilted, pour on the soy sauce mixture and stir over high heat for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.