Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Freshly chopped ginger and a sauce of rice vinegar and 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil (dark)
- Several drops of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Instructions:1. Cut the rounds of eggplant into 1/2-inch strips. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and cornstarch and stir to dissolve. Blend in the soy sauce, sugar, sesame seed oil, and Tabasco. Set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the eggplant and stir over high heat for 30 seconds. Add the ginger and chicken broth and reduce the heat. Cover the pan and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the eggplant is partially tender. Pour on the soy sauce mixture and stir briefly over high heat. When the sauce is slightly thickened, transfer the eggplant to a bowl. Serve immediately or cover the bowl and refrigerate until lightly chilled.