Stir-Fried Jicama and Celery with Red Bell Pepper
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Strips of jicama and slices of celery retain their crisp crunchiness when cooked briefly in an Oriental sauce. Serve as a vegetable side dish with roast pork or broiled pork chops.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium jicamas, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 celery ribs, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Instructions:1. In a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Blend well and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the jicama and ginger and toss to coat evenly. Cook, stirring over high heat, for 30 seconds. Add the celery and red bell pepper. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds more.
3. Pour on the soy sauce mixture and reduce the heat. Stir over medium heat until most of the liquid is evaporated, then mix in the cilantro. Serve immediately.