Yield: Serves 8
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
Instructions:Combine flour, pecans, butter, and brown sugar in 8-inch-square pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, stirring occasionally. Cool. Line a 9-inch springform pan with wax paper, grease lightly, and press 2/3 of crumb mixture in bottom of pan.
Combine thawed strawberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and egg whites in large bowl. Beat until stiff. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Cover and freeze until firm. Garnish with whole fresh strawberries.