Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Total Time: 30
Yield: 6 servings
From one of Yankee's most popular columns, "Best Cook in Town," Elsie Maxwell always has a carafe of strawberry vinegar on her counter, ready for action.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed, torn into pieces
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stems discarded, sliced
- 1/3 cup Strawberry Vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive or canola oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Instructions:In a large bowl combine spinach and strawberries.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together Strawberry Vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt. While still whisking, drizzle oil into mixture to make a vinaigrette.
Add mixture to spinach and strawberries and toss to coat. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 1-1/2 cups small strawberries, stems discarded
- 1-1/2 cups white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
Instructions:Place strawberries and vinegar in a jar with a tight lid. Let stand in a sunny window 3-4 days (the vinegar should be bright red).
Strain into a small saucepan and discard berries. Stir in sugar; heat on medium setting until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer over low heat about 10 minutes.
Cool and pour into a clean bottle. Cover and store in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator.