- 1 large head of cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and finely diced, about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons Kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Instructions:Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cut a deep cone-shaped incision into bottom of each cabbage; remove cores. Add the whole cabbage and boil until leaves soften, about 7 minutes, turning them around in the water occasionally. Transfer to a colander and drain, cut side down. Gently pull off 8 of the large, outer leaves from each head. Trim thick ribs from leaves and set aside.
Cut remaining cabbage heads in half and thinly slice the remaining leaves.
In a large saut