by Yankee Magazine
Total Time: 45
Yield: 36 sugarplums
You may divide the recipe in half and add juice to one half and rum or liqueur to the other. Be sure to roll the balls in different toppings so you know which are kid-friendly and which are the adult version.
- 1/4 cup whole dates
- 1/4 cup whole dried figs
- 1/4 cup whole dried plums (prunes)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons rum, orange liqueur, or orange juice
- Sugar, for rolling cookies
- Optional toppings: finely chopped almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, or walnuts; finely grated bittersweet chocolate; cocoa; unsweetened grated coconut
Instructions:Place all of the fruit, pecans, and coconut in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulsing on and off until the mixture is uniformly minced. Pulse in liquid of choice (or divide in half and add juice or alcohol to either half). The mixture should hold together when compressed. If it is dry, add a little more liquid.
Updated Thursday, December 22nd, 2005
You May Like
Bring New England Home
plus, get the Tablet Edition FREE!
In this issue: Summer Off the Beaten Path
- 12 Best Places to Picinic
- Acadian Pride in Northern Maine
- Saying Goodbye to a Summer Home
- Hidden Gems in the Upper CT Valley