Summer Squash Pickles
Yield: 6 pints
- 10 cups thinly sliced summer squash
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion rings
- 2 cups thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 large jar diced pimento
- 2/3 cup salt
Instructions:Soak squash, onions, green pepper in 2 quarts water for 2 hours. Drain.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp mustard seed
Instructions:Combine syrup ingredients and bring to a boil.
Drop drained vegetables and pimento into the syrup but don't cook. Mix well.
Put mix into hot sterilized jars and cover with syrup. Process in water bath for 15 minutes.