Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 20
We've taken our classic New England succotash recipe and updated it for summer by keeping it fresh and light and adding tomatoes and fresh basil.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberry beans or fresh or frozen lima beans, shelled (see Note)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/8 pound salt pork, cut into 4 pieces (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Handful of torn fresh basil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions:Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cobs and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoon butter. Add the onion and cook until just translucent, then add the beans, corn, and salt pork (if using) along with the additional tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of water. Turn down heat to low and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
Remove the salt pork and add the tomatoes and torn basil. Season with salt and pepper, then serve hot.