Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberry beans or fresh or frozen lima beans, shelled (see Note)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/8 pound salt pork, cut into 4 pieces (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Handful of torn fresh basil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions:Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cobs and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoon butter. Add the onion and cook until just translucent, then add the beans, corn, and salt pork (if using) along with the additional tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of water. Turn down heat to low and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
Remove the salt pork and add the tomatoes and torn basil. Season with salt and pepper, then serve hot.