Summer Vegetable Salad with Cooked Dressing
Yield: Serves 10 to 12.
A gaily colored and slightly sweet-sour summer salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cold boiled new potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cold cooked peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cooled cooked beets, diced finer than potatoes
- Cooked Salad Dressing (recipe follows)
Instructions:Mix potatoes and peas together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter with a fork. Add beets, stirring only until barely mixed to preserve the color appeal of the salad (beets will bleed if stirred too much). Refrigerate and serve in chilled lettuce cups with Cooked Salad Dressing.
Cooked Salad Dressing
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar and 4 tablespoons butter, boiled together