super bowl short ribs
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Browning the ribs sears all of the good juices into the meat, so it
wont dry out.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Super Bowl XLI Short Ribs
- 4 to 5 pounds beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2- to 2 1/2-inch
- Coarse salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and slivered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups Finger Lickin Sauce (see recipe)
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Sprinkle the ribs generously with salt and pepper. Place the olive
Oil in a Dutch oven (or other heavy pot) over medium-high heat. Brown
The ribs well for about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add the onions
To the pot and wilt over low heat, scraping up the brown bits. Return
The ribs to the pot, placing them atop the onions.
3. Place the pot in the oven and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Add
The beef broth and cook, covered, for 45 minutes more. Remove from
The oven. Stir the Finger Lickin Sauce into the broth and spoon the
Mixture over the ribs.
4. Return the pot to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes,
Basting once or twice. Skim and discard the fat. Serve with extra
Sauce, if desired.
Serves 8. Per serving: 670 calories, 21g carbohydrate, 25g protein,
54g fat, 105mg cholesterol.