Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Surprise! Now you know what to do with that overwhelming crop of zucchini: just smuggle it in pie crusts to unsuspecting friends.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- unbaked pastry for double-crust
- 9-inch pie
- 4 to 5 cups peeled and sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- dash of salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the bottom crust.
Blanch or steam the zucchini for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain well. Pour the lemon juice and sprinkle the salt over the zucchini.
In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cream of tartar. Mix with the zucchini. It will be watery. Pour into the pie shell. Cover with the top crust.
Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool. The filling will thicken as it cools.