Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup cracked wheat (bulgur)
- boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup finely chopped onions or scallions
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Instructions:Place cracked wheat in a mixing bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and wheat is tender but still firm. If necessary, drain and squeeze out any excess liquid. Let cool.
Combine wheat with remaining ingredients, and garnish with a sprig of parsley.