Thai Rice Timbales
Yield: Makes 6.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
Rice Recipe Contest - Runner-Up
- 1-1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups green tea
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into small slices
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
Instructions:Place the rice, coconut milk,and tea in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or till the rice is tender. Stir in the sesame seeds, salt, curry paste, and onion until well combined. Pack the rice mixture into six greased custard cups, pressing down to firmly set. Unmold each onto a salad-size plate and spoon the mango around the molded rice and garnish.
-Roxanne Chan, Albany, California