The Captain's Eggs
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
"This recipe is great for breakfast right out of the oven and works beautifully for brunch, since it keeps well on a warming tray. For a light supper, use a mix of red and green peppers and shredded cheddar cheese in place of the Monterey Jack. Top with garden-fresh tomatoes." -- Captain Dibbell House, Clinton, Connecticut
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces (or other seasonal vegetables such as zucchini or green or red bell pepper)
Beat the eggs with a whisk, then add the flour and baking powder, mixing well. Stir in the cottage cheese, Jack cheese, mushrooms, and broccoli and pour into a greased or sprayed 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with bacon or sausage links (cut in half).