Tilapia Fillets w/Olive-Caper Butter
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup unsalted better, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons green olives, finely chopped (do not use pimiento-stuffed variety)
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 frozen tilapia fillets (4 ounces each), thawed
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and oil the foil.
Put the butter in a small bowl and mash it with a fork to soften. Add the olives, capers and a pinch of garlic powder with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to blend. Form the butter in discs about 1-1/2-inch across on a piece of foil and refrigerate until solid. (The butter can be prepared up to 2 days in advance).
Set the tilapia fillets on the baking sheet and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake until opaque through the thickest part 6-8 minutes.
To Serve: Transfer the tilapia fillets to individual plates and top each with a disc of olive-caper butter, which will melt and coat the fillets.