TABLE OF CONTENTS
Dorothy Oliveira's recipe from September 1978, back by popular demand.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening, plus extra for loaf pans
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Instructions:Heat oven to 350°.
Cream shortening and add sugar. Mix soup, water, and baking soda; add to shortening/sugar mixture.
Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and spices; add to mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts.
Pour into two prepared loaf pans. Bake about 40 minutes, until toothpicks inserted into the cakes come out clean.