Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cans enchilada sauce -- 10 oz. can
- 1 can tomato sauce -- 12-15 oz. can
- 1 pound ground beef, extra lean -- cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin -- (for fun, use 4 cups cooked and
- chopped chicken for a different flavor, or two can of
- beans if you're veggie)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 12 each corn tortillas - cut up like a pizza
- 12 ounces black beans, canned -- drained
- 1 pound low fat cheddar cheese -- or use jack cheese
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 X 9 pan.
In a saucepan, combine enchilada sauce and tomato sauce.
Brown beef, drain and add seasonings and salt and pepper to
Add about 1/2 of the sauce to browned beef and set aside.
On the bottom of the pan, pour 3/4 cup of sauce and add about
1/3 of the beef mixture and then beans. Next, make a layer of
corn tortillas, using 1/3 of what you have. Add more beef, 1/3 of
the beans, 1/4 of the cheese.
Repeat these layers: corn tortillas, beef, bean and cheese, till
everything is gone. Top with remaining sauce and remaining
cheese.Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes. Wait 10 minutes
before digging in!