tortilla reheat hints
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * Freeze the rolled enchiladas and sauce separately; otherwise they will turn into a mushy mess.
- * Spray the tortillas with vegetable oil cooking spray and briefly heat them in the oven to make them pliant enough to roll easily.
- * Bake the enchiladas while still frozen. We found that defrosting them actually leads to a dried-out texture once baked.
Instructions:* Partially bake the enchiladas “naked,” or without sauce. A light coat of vegetable oil spray will keep the tortillas from drying out too much.
* For authentic flavor, puree and “fry” the sauce until the flavor and color has intensified. Most Mexican sauces are prepared in this fashion.
* Smoky chipotle chiles add both heat and a rich flavor to the sauce. These chiles, which are smoked jalape