* Freeze the rolled enchiladas and sauce separately; otherwise they will turn into a mushy mess.
* Spray the tortillas with vegetable oil cooking spray and briefly heat them in the oven to make them pliant enough to roll easily.
* Bake the enchiladas while still frozen. We found that defrosting them actually leads to a dried-out texture once baked.
* Partially bake the enchiladas “naked,” or without sauce. A light coat of vegetable oil spray will keep the tortillas from drying out too much.
* For authentic flavor, puree and “fry” the sauce until the flavor and color has intensified. Most Mexican sauces are prepared in this fashion.
* Smoky chipotle chiles add both heat and a rich flavor to the sauce. These chiles, which are smoked jalape
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.