Yield: 8-12 servings
This was served at a friend's house & we enjoyed it. My wife & I changed some of the ingredients to improve it to our tastes. Everyone we have served it to has since begged for the recipe, as it is so good. This is a one bowl meal, easy to fix & hearty enough for any appitite. A real "crowd pleaser".
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 3-pound whole chicken (enough to yield 3-4 cups meat)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion
- 1or 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, chopped medium
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package wheat tortillas, cut into bite-size strips
- garnish: Monterrey Jack cheese
Instructions:Cook chicken; debone and reserve meet. In a stockpot, saute onion and jalapeno in margarine until tender. Add next twelve ingredients (plus chicken) and simmer for 1 hour.
Pile a generous amount of tortilla strips into each bowl. Ladle in the soup and top with cheese.
I use all salt-free broths. Also this recipe is only a gauge for you to work with. Feel free to experiment with more and other veggies.