tropical banana nut bread
- Tropical Banana Nut Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups very ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 bread pans and
dust with flour.
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium
bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs, one at a time,
beating after each. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla extract.
4. Add the bananas and beat until smooth. Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture
and mix until just combined. Add the pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts
and mix. Add the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the bread tests done. Let the bread
sit in the pans for five minutes then loosen the edges with a spatula and
remove the loaves. Cool completely on wire racks. This bread will increase
in flavor if refrigerated over night.
Linda's note: Bake for holidays in small foil mini loaf pans. Wrap tight and
Tip: When bread lets loose from sides, it's done