tropical fruit bars
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 250 ml (1 cup) each all-purpose and whole wheat flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 1 ml ( 1/4 tsp) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) shredded sweetened coconut
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) mashed ripe banana (about 3)
- 60 ml ( 1/4 cup) melted butter
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla
- 1 227 ml (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
Instructions:Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F). Lightly grease or spray nonstick muffin pans. In large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and half the coconut. In separate bowl, beat together brown sugar, egg, milk, banana, butter and vanilla. Stir in pineapple. Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
Spoon into prepare pan; sprinkle tops with remaining coconut. Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
Source: Dairy Farmers of Ontario.