Tropical Mango Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup Sun-maid Tropical Medley dry fruit
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one large glass loaf pan.
Cream shortening and sugar together in a bowl, add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well. Sift dry ingredients and blend into shortening mixture. Add bananas, apples, nuts, and dry fruit. Mix well 1 minute. Spread into the loaf pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.