Truro Oatmeal Cookies
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
An old recipe from Truro, MA. One of my favorite cookies.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (or more) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (one stick) melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup Hood's whole milk
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt together in a large bowl.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Arrange by teaspoonfuls on unbuttered cookie sheets. Bake until the edges are just slightly brown, 9-11 minutes. Watch the cookies carefully and do not overbake.