Truro Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: About 60 cookies
An old recipe from Truro, MA. One of my favorite cookies.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (or more) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (one stick) melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup Hood's whole milk
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt together in a large bowl.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Arrange by teaspoonfuls on unbuttered cookie sheets. Bake until the edges are just slightly brown, 9-11 minutes. Watch the cookies carefully and do not overbake.