Tuna Garden Salad
Yield: 8 servings.
When company comes and the budget will allow it, substitute shrimp or crabmeat for the tuna.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
Instructions:Soften the gelatin in cold water. Heat the soup to boiling and add the gelatin, stirring to dissolve. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Chill until partially set; fold in the tuna, celery, cucumber and green pepper. Turn into an 8-1/2x4-1/2x2-1/2-inch loaf pan. Chill until firm.
To serve, slice and place on shredded lettuce. Garnish with pitted ripe olives.