Tuna Garden Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
When company comes and the budget will allow it, substitute shrimp or crabmeat for the tuna.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
Instructions:Soften the gelatin in cold water. Heat the soup to boiling and add the gelatin, stirring to dissolve. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Chill until partially set; fold in the tuna, celery, cucumber and green pepper. Turn into an 8-1/2x4-1/2x2-1/2-inch loaf pan. Chill until firm.
To serve, slice and place on shredded lettuce. Garnish with pitted ripe olives.