Yield: 6 servings
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 6-ounce cans imported tuna, packed in olive oil
- 1/2 cup (packed) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 anchovy filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Garnish: thin cucumber slices and a caper
Instructions:In a small saucepan, cover potato with cold water by at least 1 inch. Add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover pan partway, and cook until potato is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and return potato to pan. Dry the potato, shaking pan, over medium heat, until it is floury and has left a film on the bottom of the pan. Rice potato into a bowl and set aside to cool.
In a food processor, combine tuna (with its oil), parsley, capers, anchovies, oil, and vinegar. Process, scraping down sides a few times, until the mixture is a very smooth paste. Season with cayenne.
Fold tuna paste into potato thoroughly, until there are no lumps of potato. On a small platter, form p