Total Time: 20
Yield: Yield: 6 individual servings or 12 appetizers
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 pound sushi-grade tuna, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic-chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, unseasoned rice crackers
In a medium bowl, combine tuna, scallion, cilantro, ginger, garlic-chili sauce, ponzu, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Chill 20 minutes.
To serve, place in 6 chilled martini glasses. Garnish each serving with cilantro and place 2 rice crackers into the tuna at an angle. Or scoop 1 tablespoon mixture onto each of 12 spoons and arrange in a circle (handles pointing out) on a serving plate; garnish with cilantro.
Chopping fresh tuna finely by hand will be easier if you pop it in the freezer for about 20 minutes beforehand.