Turkey Medallions with Orange Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1/2 of a small onion -- minced
- 1 celery stalk -- minced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Lb lean ground turkey
- 2 Tsp prepared Horseradish
- chopped parsley
- 6 small carrots cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 Lb Pea Pods
- 1/3 C Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tsp Flour
- Parsley Sprigs For Garnish
1. In 1 quart saucepan over medium high heat, in olive oil, cook celery,
onion, salt & ground ginger till tender.
2. In medium bowl, mix ground turkey, vegetable mixture, horseradish & 1 tbsp
chopped parsley till blended. Shape mixture into 8, 3-inch round medallions.
3. In 12" skillet over medium high heat, in 1 tbsp hot olive oil, cook
medallions till golden brown on both sides & turkey loses pink color, about 10
minutes. Arrange on platter, keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan over high heat in 1" boiling water heat
carrots to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover & simmer 5 minutes or till
tender-crisp. Stir in pea pods & cook, covered, 2 minutes. Drain. Arrange vegetables
with turkey on platter. In a cup mix orange juice, teriyaki sauce, flour, 1
tbsp chopped parsley & 1/3 cup water till smooth; stir into skillet over high
heat to boiling stirring to loosen bits. Boil 1 minute. Pour over medallions.