Veggie Kabobs in a Curry Yogurt Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
Taken from Stonyfield Farms Yogurt data base.
These flavorful kebobs are simply great. Try substituting in some of your favorite veggies or even smoked tofu.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut in 1 inch dice
- 1 small red onion peeled halved and cut in thick wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and then into 6 equal pieces
- 6/12 oyster mushrooms (depends on size) or 6 medium button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pound extra firm tofu cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2-3 bunches scallion, cut in 1 inch lengths like barrels
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons scallion green part
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
Soak skewers. Thread veggies and tofu onto either 6 or 12 skewers depending on length alternating colors and tastes.
Combine all ingredients for sauce in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender puree to a smooth consistency. Use approx 1/2 the sauce as a marinade for the skewers.
Get your grill ready and when you have a good medium high heat going, brush grill clean and lightly oil. Remove skewers from marinade and cook until nicely seared on both sides and tender, approx 4-5 minutes. Use remaining sauce to drizzle over skewers before serving.