Vidalia Onion, Crabmeat and Tomato Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium vine-ripe red tomato, diced
- 1 medium vine-ripe yellow tomato, diced
- 12 ounces fresh blue lump crabmeat, picked over to remove shell fragments
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves, julienned
Instructions:In a large bowl combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Add Vidalia onion and cucumber slices to vinegar mixture, toss to coat.
Marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
When ready to serve add tomatoes, crabmeat, olive oil, scallions and basil. Toss gently and
Divide salad among 4 chilled plates.