Warm Shad Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Total Time: 30
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 ounces mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup tender leafy herbs such as dill, tarragon, parsley, and basil
- 4 slices thick-cut smoky bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless shad
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- Toss salad greens with herbs; refrigerate.
Instructions:In a heavy nonstick skillet, render bacon over medium heat until brown and lightly crisped; remove and keep warm. Pour off and reserve most of the bacon fat, leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
Lightly season fish with salt and pepper. Cut any large pieces into bite-sized portions. Increase the heat to medium high and quickly saut