Watch Hill Brie Strata with Fruit Salsa
Yield: Serves 8-10
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 to 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Fruit Salsa (below)
Instructions:Butter one side of the bread slices. Beat eggs and whisk together with milk and salt. Place half the bread slices, buttered side up, into a greased 12x9-inch baking pan. Top with half the Brie cubes. Repeat with remaining bread and Brie. Pour egg and milk mixture over bread. Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning: Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking, sprinkle with paprika. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
To serve, cut strata into squares and top with fruit salsa.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and diced
- 1 red apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice