Whalewalk Inn Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield: 36 mushrooms
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 to 6 pepperoncini peppers or to taste, seeded and minced
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 36 white mushrooms (about 1-1/2 inches in diameter), stems removed
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium-sized skillet saute oil, butter, and onion over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, pepperoncini, and prosciutto. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bread crumbs, remove from heat, and stir until crumbs are thoroughly mixed in and moistened.
Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; stir until incorporated.
Firmly pack a generous tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake 20 minutes.