Whole Wheat Linguini with Lemony Leeks and Parmigiano-Reggiano
Total Time: 30
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, and rinsed; white and light-green parts julienned (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound whole wheat linguini
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Bring a soup pot full of hot water to a boil. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté leeks in oil until soft and slightly golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in stock, garlic, and capers. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add linguini to boiling water; cook until al dente. Drain and add to leek mixture along with parsley and lemon zest. Toss well to mix; then season with additional salt and pepper. Portion linguini onto four pasta plates. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.