Winter Vegetables with Mustard Sauce
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 25
A country-style mustard sauce flavors this hearty vegetable dish.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups water
- 6 medium (2 cups) small new red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium (1 cup) carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed*
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
Combine water, potatoes and carrot in 3-quart saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until water comes to a full boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook 8 minutes.
Add Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (10 to 12 minutes). Drain. Meanwhile, stir together all remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over vegetables. Toss to coat.
*Substitute 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts.