Yellow Wax Beans with Chives
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound yellow wax beans whole
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Instructions:1. Drop the beans into a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Shake to remove as much water as possible.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the beans and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and the chives, then stir over medium heat until warmed through. Serve immediately.