Zucchini Cashew Pie
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls in tube
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts, crushed
- 3 to 4 medium zucchini, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- small sprig parsley, snipped
- 6 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese, about 2 1/2 lightly packed cups
Instructions:Unroll crescent dough into a 9-inch pie pan and make into piecrust, sealing scored lines with your fingers. Be sure to pinch thoroughly so the dough bonds to itself well. Sprinkle cashews onto crust.
Saute zucchini and garlic in butter only until well stirred and slightly wilted; leave it a little undercooked. Pour zucchini onto piecrust. Pour egg throughout zucchini mixture.
Top with snipped parsley, then shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm. This is a favorite at potlucks.