Yield: 8 servings
Here’s an all-time favorite adapted from the
Moosewood Cookbook. It’s a perfect solution
to an overabundance of fresh zucchinis.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 to 4 cups coarsely grated zucchini (use a hand grater or a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, or 1 teaspoon dried
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions:For crust: Sprinkle the grated zucchini with salt, toss, and let sit in a colander for 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture with your hands.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, flour, cheeses, and basil and season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture into a lightly oiled 10-inch round or 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the surface is dry and just beginning to brown. Broil for 5 minutes, until top is firm and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- choice of sauteed mushrooms or peppers, sliced cooked sausage, fresh tomatoes, olives, etc.
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese (your favorite kind)