Complete Photo Contest Rules: Cutest Cat in New England
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Enter by going to our web site at www.YankeeMagazine.com and following instructions for submitting photos of your New England cat taken between June 14, 2011, and October 24, 2011, US Eastern Time. Contest begins at 10 am on June 14, 2011, US Eastern Time and ends at 4 pm on October 24, 2011, US Eastern Time. Entries: Multiple entries are permitted throughout the contest time frame, but please do not enter the same photo more than once. In the event of a dispute over ownership of an online photo, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Entrants need not be present to win. All photos submitted to YankeeMagazine.com’s Web site become the property of Yankee Publishing Inc. YankeeMagazine.com may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use the material for any purpose, in any form, and on any media. In submitting this photo you agree that its content does not infringe copyrights or other property rights of any party. You also agree that the photo you are submitting is your own. You retain rights to your own photos to reproduce, distribute, display, etc. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if you change your e-mail address. Only photographs submitted through our Web site will be considered for the contest. Photographs sent via mail will not be entered into the contest and can not be returned to sender. Finalists must be able to provide Yankee with a hi-res version of their photograph.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 21 years of age or older as of March 23, 2011, and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Yankee Publishing, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers or retailers, advertising, production and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. Contest void wherever prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
3. PRIZE: One (1) photo will be awarded a prize package of cat products from Harvest Thyme Herbs.
Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with one of equal or greater value in the event prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s photograph, name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Five or more finalists will be selected from all eligible photographs submitted based on number of page views. In the event of a tie, more than five cats will be entered into the finals. If the contest deadline is extended, the five photos with the most page views on the original close date will automatically be entered into finals along with photos with most page views at end of Contest. A winner will be selected from the finalists based on number of votes. Once a cat has been placed into the finals, it may not be removed from the contest. Decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address with which they entered the Contest, and will be required to acknowledge email by Sponsor or its designated agent within 5 days of date of e-mail notification or an alternate winner will be selected. If any prize notification letter, e-mail notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, and there is ample time to select and clear an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor and judging organization not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to change the time frame within which the contest runs.
6. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
7. WINNER’S LIST: Winner will be announced on YankeeMagazine.com in November of 2011.
8. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by Yankee Publishing Inc., 1121 Main Street, Dublin, NH 03444.